ABOUT ME

                    Get To Know Me - Personal Bio



I am Maegan-Leigh Jacobs, an aspiring journalist born in ’99 ready to change the world. I was a straight A student throughout my primary school years and when I got to high school, life humbled me a little bit. I attended Parkhurst Primary and South Peninsula High School.  I am currently a second-year journalism student at Cape Peninsula University of Technology on my way to be the best journalist I can be.

From a very young age I enjoyed reading and watching the news. My favourite thing to do as a kid; was to pretend I was anchoring a news programme. I did my job-shadowing at one of the top commercial radio station’s Heart FM and it was then when I completely fell in love with the media industry.

I have always had a passion to write and tell stories, not only in text but through audios and videos as well. My dream is to become a game-changing news anchor or show host challenging those in high places to take responsibility for actions that greatly affect the lives of others. My audience is very important to me and therefore relating to them is my top priority. My mission in life is to tell the stories of those who feel they are not being heard. Stories in which audiences can relate to and share.

As a journalist, I am very opinionated of cause, and therefore use my blog and YouTube channel to post my opinion on anything that interests me and what I believe will be interesting to my audience as well. I believe journalism is an industry that can change the world, a platform that speaks to the people, for people.


Comments

Trending

JOURNALISM WAS NEVER THE DREAM BUT DEFINITELY WHERE SHE WAS MEANT TO BE

TRAFALGAR HIGH SCHOOL - THE HISTORY, THE LEGACY AND FUTURE